A Christmas Carol- meet cast member Natalie Cavender!


My name is Natalie Cavender. I am a fourth grader and I go to George Mason Elementary School. I play the roles of Belle’s Child, Urchin, Want and Fezziwig Party Guest. This is my second show. My first show was last year’s A Christmas Carol.

What do you find appealing about your character and this show? What I find appealing about my character Belle’s child is that she is a happy, sweet child showing Scrooge something he missed out on. What I find appealing about my character Urchin is that even though she is very poor and very young, she still tries to earn money or food for herself.

What have you learned about yourself playing the role of Urchin? Playing the role of Urchin, I learned that if I really try I can learn to speak a different way than I usually do at home.

What do you want the audience to take away from this show? I want people to take away from the show that Christmas is about family and friends and being kind, not only about presents.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved with theater? How did you get involved in LTA? Ever since I was 7 years old, I have done classes with Ms. Heather Sanderson and Ms. Linda Wells.  Last year, Ms. Heather told me about A Christmas Carol. I auditioned and got in.   I had a lot of fun last year, so I auditioned again this year.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theater? Just keep trying and don’t give up. I didn’t get into a show until my third audition, but when I did I was so proud.


Comments

  1. Natalie, You did a fabulous job tonight. Your GM teachers loved watching you! Mrs. LaGanza

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition