A Christmas Carol- meet cast member Avery Evans!


What do you find appealing about your character and this show? This is my fourth year doing this show. Every year the show has been different because each Director gave it its own twist.   One year it was funny, one year a little scary, one year full of ghosts and dancing – it is always very different so the audience will always be surprised even if they come every year. I love seeing people I know in the audience and seeing them in the lobby after the show.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Boy Cratchit? This year, I am playing Boy Cratchit again. Being in the Cratchit Family always reminds me to be appreciative for what I have because there are so many people in this world who have so much less.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show? Just be kind to everyone around you and do not take for granted all that you have. We are all really lucky even though it is sometimes hard to see that. 

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? This show is very professional and I like working with the adult actors. They have always been so supportive and helpful.  In my first year, I had some stage fright the first night we had an audience.  I will always remember my cast mates who played Dick Wilkins and Bob Cratchit – they were real mentors for me.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA? I started doing camps and classes at LTA, MVCC and other local places.  One year, my teacher asked if I wanted to audition. I got in the show and we started rehearsals the next night.  I was hooked.  I love being part of this theater and this cast.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre? It takes a lot of dedication and time management.  I did not know that four years ago when I was in third grade and I was juggling a lot. I learned the next years that I should not sign up for anything until after the auditions in case I made the show.  If you are in a show then that needs to be your priority.  You end up having to turn down parties and play dates.  But your fellow cast mates are depending on your commitment to the show. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition