A Christmas Carol- meet cast member Cameron McBride!


What do you find appealing about your character and this show?  I believe the character of Fred is important, in that he embodies the theme and the message the show overall is trying to convey. He is eternally optimistic, and strives to see the best in everyone and every situation.  He views Christmas as a special time when everybody else is able to see the world the same way, and I think he hopes that it provides a way to redeem one's self from the rest of the year.  As far as the show itself goes, there is no better way to get in the Christmas spirit than to see the classical story play out in front of you.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Fred?  It had been a while since I've revisited A Christmas Carol, and I was struck by some similarities in his life and mine that I had never noticed before.  Taking on the role also helped awaken the inner optimist in myself as well.  As an adult, and in particular as an attorney myself, I think we all are tempted to view the world in a somewhat bleak light.  Stepping into Fred's shoes helped bring me back to a simpler time.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?  Above all else, I want anyone who sees the show to put away their cares and worries, and enjoy one of the greatest Christmas stories ever told.  When they go home at night, I just hope the magic of the stage follows with them and helps usher in their own Christmas joy.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?  This would be the first holiday-themed production that I have worked on.  Previous experiences included an adaptation of Cheaper By the Dozen and an original play set during the most recent war in the Middle East, which were fun and sobering respectively, but I'm looking forward to being part of a true classic.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?  How did you get involved with LTA?  I've been acting since grade school, but took a break during law school due to the time commitments.  Now that I have settled into a career, I am able to ease back onto the stage for fun.  I got involved with LTA when I starting looking at local productions to go see, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the experience instead of just part of the audience.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?  Take a chance, go try out for parts, and volunteer for any help you can provide!  Local productions are dependent on the people in the community getting involved, and every role (acting or not) is vital to a great experience.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition