A Christmas Carol- meet cast member Tim Foley!


What do I find appealing about your character and this show?
Playing the role of death is never easy!  I have no lines to memorize but a lot ques and movements which are very vital.  I like to joke that I am doing “a lot of pointing with an English accent.”   I appear on stage with the character Scrooge for a long period so it’s important to concentrate and give something for Scrooge to play off as an actor.  It’s probably one of the most physically challenging roIes I have ever done.  My supporting role as Gentlemen 2 allows me a few lines which to engage with Scrooge as a happy fundraiser for the poor.  It’s a delightful and happy role.  Poulter is a brief appearance with the big turkey at the end which allows for a bit of goofiness which I love to do!

What have I learned about myself playing these characters? That I can still be versatile as an actor.  Also I am reminded that my roles though they are not large by nature as just as important to the totality of the story.  I give it my best each time I step into these roles.  Engaged in the moment of the scene takes focus, energy and active engagement to the other characters around me. 

What do you want the audience to experience or to take away from this show? Take the gift of joy!  Think of others this holiday season and not just yourself.  This life is very short so engage in the time you have this season to rejoice for the message of Good News has come!

How long have I been acting? I started acting in the 6th grade.  My younger sister got me out of my shy shell when I was 11 and went to summer school acting class with her.  I fell in love with the theater. I have been professionally trained and worked for Berkley Repertory Theater in California.  I have gone on to do many other shows in a variety of locations. Styles I have done include, Improv, readers theater, 24 hour theater, play back theater, Shakespeare, musicals and classic dramas.

How did I get involved in LTA? Larry Grey, whom I work with, mentioned there were auditions for A Christmas Carol.  I recently moved from San Francisco so I was looking for a way to get my foot in the door in local community theater here.   I am grateful for the opportunity and have had a lot of fun doing this with LTA.  I hope to be able to do more in the future here in Alexandria. 

What advice would I have to give to others interested in working theater? Work hard at the craft.  Be willing to take any role.  When you are cast, show up, be prepared, be teachable and certainly have fun.  It’s a lot of hard work but the “roar of the crowd” makes it all worth it! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition