A Christmas Carol- meet cast member Larry Grey!


What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
I am playing two Characters in this show. Jacob Marley and Old Fezziwig. The challenge of playing to such opposite characters is fun as an actor. Jacob Is regret, remorse, hopelessness of a life wasted in isolation and greed. Fezziwig is Life and Love and Family and all that is good about life and Christmas. About a life caring about others. Fezziwig is who Scrooge could have been, Marley is who Scrooge became
What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Marley and Fewzziwig? To play the characters truth I must not pre-judge the character. I must examine their motives. Marley is a man who spent his life in pursuit of the tangible and missed out on the true meaning of a “life well lived” died alone and with nothing in eternity. Fezziwig is a man full of life, loving others, experiencing the true joy of living. The first time I was given the role of Marley I was nervous. The character was larger than life to me. I discovered I was up to the challenge.
What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show? The true joy of life and message of Christmas is others, and we must carry the redemption message of Christmas with us all year round. Make the most of what we have been given in service to others. We are all part of the common humanity.
How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? Christmas Carol is a Classic in which there are no surprises for the audience. Almost every member of the audience, unless they have been living under a rock, know the story and many know it word for word. You must stay faithful to the script, but you must still draw them in. Keep their attention. Help them to at least feel as if they are seeing it for the first time.
How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? From the time I was in pre-School I put on shows for the neighbors or my family.  In High School, first time I walked onto a stage and I was hooked. Felt as if finally I had found my place.
How did you get involved with LTA? I moved to the area in 2005, in early 2006 I auditioned for a show “Love Sex and the IRS, got cast, and enjoyed the LTA experience so much I kept coming back. I have worked both on stage and behind the scenes.
What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre? Audition, Audition, Audition! Don’t give up, keep growing, always keep learning, observe and participate, be open to learning, Never let anyone tell you can’t . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox