The Rocky Horror Show - meet cast member Patrick M. Doneghy

Tell us about your character.
Dr. Frank N Furter is a man of science and the heart.  He comes from another world, so he has literally searched all over the universe to find love to no avail.  So he had decided to do what any other mad scientist would do; he is going to make his perfect mate.  Frank is magnetic, commanding, stylish, and hard to resist.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Frank?
Playing Frank N Furter, excuse me, Dr. Frank N Furter (the mad didn't spend all that time in alien medical school for nothing) has taught me that sexy can live outstide the box, sometimes.  It doesn't have to be what the masses consider sexy.  Sexy can go against the grain.

What do you hope the audience takes away from The Rocky Horror Show?
I hope the audience has fun!  Lots and lots of fun!

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
This show is a love letter to a lot of old horror movies and I would really like the audience to see in Frank the touches of those old school B-movie villains and heroes.  And I spend quite a bit of time in very little clothing.

How long have you been acting and how did you get involved with LTA?
I have been acting since I was a kid.  I have always loved performing.  It helped me get over my shyness.

I first worked with LTA in November of 2009 in LTA's production of Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead, in which I played C.B.  I had a great time and it was an outstanding show.  I met some wonderful people in the cast and crew who I am still lucky to be friends with.  I was happy to return to LTA last May in Boeing Boeing, where I played Robert.

What advice would you give others who are interested in acting and theatre?
The advice I would give to anyone interested in performing or any type of creative endeavor would be to not be afraid to step out side of yourself and your comfort zone.  If you never stretch you never grow.  If you only ever do what is comfortable and safe, what you create will only ever be comfortable and safe.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox