The Rocky Horror Show - meet cast member Malcolm Lee


Tell us about your characters. What do you find appealing about your characters and this show?
I actually play two characters on the show.  I play Eddie, a delivery boy that is roped into a relationship with Frank and eventually ends up in Frank's experiments.  I also play Dr. Everett Scott (Scotty), Eddie’s German uncle, as well as Frank’s arch nemesis.  He knows that the people in Frankenstein’s place are aliens and he’s trying to expose their secret.  He’s also Brad’s old science teacher.


What have you learned about yourself in playing these roles?
In playing these two roles, I’ve really pushed myself.  With Eddie, it’s only one song, but it involves a lot of energy and craziness that’s just completely out of control!  It has to stay up the whole time because Eddie is an obnoxious rocker.  For Dr. Scott, it’s about the German accent and playing the role in a wheelchair.  It’s what I like to call challenging fun!


What do you want the audience to experience and take away from this show?
I want the audience to have a blast; to feel that this show is just lots of fun!  They can’t take it seriously and if they are die hard Rocky Horror fans, they can call out those crazy lines that are said in the theater.  Sing along with the songs if you feel the need to!


How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
This show is paying homage to science fiction movies and it’s just over-the-top insanity!  I’m playing two roles and they’re both on extreme levels, so that’s exciting.


How long have you been acting and what made you get involved with LTA?
I’ve been acting in the DC area for three and a half years and this is my third show with LTA.  Blame it on Chris Tomasino for getting me involved with LTA!  He asked me to audition for The Full Monty and I was cast the role of Horse.  A year and a half later, here I am in The Rocky Horror Show!


What advice would you give others who are interested in acting and theatre? 
If acting is your passion, please don’t give it up!  It’s a way to let go and really explore your artistic abilities.  Sometimes it takes you to a place where you never thought you would be.  And once you’re there, you don’t want to leave.  Challenge yourself and let your talents soar!


Give us a brief history of your past acting experience.
Past roles include Jimmy Early in Dreamgirls at Dominion Stage, Horse in The Full Monty, and Coalhouse Walker, Jr. in Ragtime both with LTA.  


Tickets: www.thelittletheatre.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox