The Rocky Horror Show - meet cast member Paige Taylor

Tell us about your character.  What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
I play Magenta.  She is an alien and one of Frank's servants.  She is a character I have always wanted to play because I like complicated people.  Part of the enjoyment and allure of acting to me is the creative process and the work that goes into developing a character.  I never want to play a role that is one dimensional and boring.  I had ideas as to what I wanted Magenta to be before I even got cast, but she has become so much more.  When you do a show like Rocky Horror, it's really easy to just create a love letter to the movie and to bring the audience the same thing they already know and love, but why be in the arts if you are only copying what someone else has done before you?  I feel it's my job as an actor to always create something new and bring something fresh to the table, and that's why I feel so lucky to be a part of this production.

What do you want the audience to experience and take away from this show?
I want them to experience a brand new version of this show that they never thought was possible.  We have an amazing cast, crew, and team that is working so hard to make this great (and did we mention it's in 3D?)!  This was a groundbreaking show and I hope this particular experience is going to be just as new and exciting for audience members.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved with LTA?  Give us a brief history of your past acting experiences? 
I've known what I wanted to do since I was a little girl in footed pajamas, making up animal alter egos and begging my grandparents to film me singing in front of the fireplace.  I was always a ham and I always wanted to make people laugh.  Growing up, I took dance classes, voice lessons and was involved with all my school plays.  I studied Acting at The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts and continued my training at The Studio Theatre in DC.  I got involved with LTA when I heard about Rocky Horror auditions.  It was a show I always wanted to be involved with, but I never expected it to be such a unique show and overall wonderful experience.

Some of my favorite roles have been Mimi in "Rent", Linda in "The Wedding Singer", Ulla in "The Producers", Elizabeth in "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson", and Margie in "Bye Bye Birdie".  Although I have focused primarily on musical theatre, I have also done some TV work with Investigation Discovery and am wrapping up a horror film, "Easter Sunday" this Fall.

What advice would you give others who are interested in acting and theatre?
I had a film teacher once tell us, "If there is anything else you can see yourself doing as a career, do it." and I agree.  It's not an easy path and it takes very thick skin to hear "no" 15,000 times in a row before someone tells you "yes".  That being said, there is nothing more rewarding in life than doing what you love.  If you have a dream, you should definitely 100% follow it.  Life is too short to settle for anything less than everything you want, and if you want it badly enough you will find a way to get it.  Just never give up.  Ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox