August: Osage County-- Meet cast member Camille Neumann!


Camille Neumann (Jean Fordham):
What do you find appealing about your character and this show? I’ll be honest, when I first chose to audition for the show I didn’t know exactly what I was getting myself into. I had read one of Letts’ plays before and loved the writing, so when I saw that LTA was putting up this play I thought that it would be a good opportunity and challenge to perform heavier material than I am used to doing. I was more than right. Jean Fordham at her core is a very relatable and honest character, and to explore the depth of her emotions has drawn me into the show even more.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Jean? Playing Jean has given me the opportunity to look at life through the eyes of someone who has grown up too fast. This role has led me to reflect on my own moral principles and to step far out of my comfort zone, and I believe I have grown both as a performer and as a person because of that.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show? I would like all the parents in the audience to reflect on how their issues can affect their children. Every character in the play has been affected in some way, shape, or form by the actions of their parents, and I think it is very important to acknowledge the influence that one’s past can have on the future of their children.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? In the past I have mostly worked on musicals, and mostly happy musicals. This show is the complete opposite of those. Heavy content, darker plotlines, and an overall somber tone all set this show apart from my previous experiences.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA? I have been acting for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I always loved singing so I began doing cabarets and church revues and quickly moved on to plays and musicals. My first and only other show with LTA was Anne of Green Gables back in January. I had a friend who told me I should audition so I did, and it was probably the most fun I’ve ever had in a show!

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre? Theatre is more than just acting! If you want to get involved but aren’t sure about being on stage in front of people then try to do tech. Anyone can find a home in theatre, whether it be in acting, directing, designing, or any of the other wonderful aspects of a production.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition