August: Osage County-- Meet cast member Greg Wilczynski!


Greg Wilczynski (Little Charles Aiken):
What do you find appealing about your character and this show? My character in this show is one of the most reserved characters I have had the opportunity to perform. This show is a total emotional ride from the beginning to the end. I am usually the very campy characters and when the opportunity arose to audition for this character, I knew that it would be a great learning experience, as little Charles. The pure complexity of this show and this character made this show appealing to me.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Little Charles Aiken? Playing Little Charles has taught me how to enjoy the simple things in life, and the true meaning of forgiveness and love. Love and forgive yourself, so that you can share that with others.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show? I believe that the audience will see pieces of their family present throughout the show. Some families may not be to the extreme of the Weston's but I guarantee they will share something in common. If nothing else they will leave the theatre very thankful for the family they have.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? This show is an ensemble piece and in order for the show to work, everyone has to work equally hard. This show is also very emotionally driven, you cannot fake anything, you truly have to be real and dive into the many layers of the characters and the family.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA? I have been acting since age 12, but I took around 10 years off due to working and school, I am so thankful that I am able to dive back in again. I watched a performance at a local theatre and I knew I wanted to be on that stage, so I auditioned and the rest is history. I got involved in LTA via Facebook, I knew about the audition coming up and I was familiar with the show, and I am so happy that I was given the opportunity to perform here.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre? Do it! This is our time to play. My favorite part about performing is that it takes me away from everyday life, for an hour, two, or three you get to live a different life. It is also a way to meet great people; some of my closest friends are those whom I met in the theatre.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition