August: Osage County-- Meet cast member Katarina Frustaci


Katarina Frustaci (Johnna Monevata):
What do you find appealing about your character and this show?  The character I play, Johnna Monevata, is wise, patient, and because she isn't easily phased by the drama that ensues in the Weston family, her presence is comforting and provides a steady rhythm among the chaos.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Beverly Weston?  I've learned that Johnna and I are quite different. I think that's what makes this such a great first acting role is that it's a challenge, and teaches me how to embrace and appreciate her tough, reserved persona.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?  The biggest take away is how the Weston family, though a dramatic bunch, resemble common themes and relationships found in a home.

How does the show differ from other shows you have worked on?  This is my first full length production as an actor in a play put on by a local theater. I've participated in plays with the Shakespeare Theater summer camps, and grew up performing with the Virginia Ballet Company.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?  How did you get involved with LTA?   I heard of LTA when I was a student at Bishop Ireton High School and after graduating from Virginia Tech decided to find time to get back on stage since performing is my one true love.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?   It's a wonderful experience that adds so much more to your life aside from the mundane work routine. I think I surprised my family and friends when I auditioned out of nowhere, but that is what life is about, trying something new every day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition