To Kill a Mockingbird - meet cast member Patricia Spencer Smith

Meet Patricia Spencer Smith who is playing Mrs. Dubose in LTA's To Kill a Mockingbird.

What single word would you use to describe your character?
Strong.

What have you learned about yourself in playing this role?
Just like Mrs. Dubose, I am not always what I seem.  I've learned to be more careful in drawing conclusions about other people.  I hope others will take their time in getting to know me.

What were some of the challenges for you while working on this piece?
The internal dialog is very important with this character.  She is not as one-dimensional as she seems.  People rarely are.  There is serious motivation behind everything she says and does.

How long have you been acting?  How did you get involved with LTA?
I've been acting since college days.  Once I got the chance to live a different life, I wanted to do that as often as I could!  Hopefully, you never really see "me" when I'm on stage.  My first show at LTA was The Music Man in 2003.  I'm always thrilled when I have an opportunity to return.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox