Spamalot - Meet cast member Todd Paul


What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
Wow, where do I start?  I've wanted to do this show since it opened on Broadway in 2005. I'm so excited to be working with a truly stellar cast and crew.  It's so great to be back on the LTA stage!

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role?
I've learned that I'm capable of doing so much more theatrically than I thought. This show stretches you as performer in that you are required to perform so many different (and I do mean different!) roles and the challenge is to make all of them memorable but very different..  P.S - I've discovered that I'm good at a British accent!

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?
That's simple - if we've done our jobs correctly - they'll have a good time and laugh their behinds off. At the same time, there is a subliminal message (after you have waded through the copious amounts of comedy) that we all must look within to achieve what we want. And that's just putting it into a few words without getting TOO serious!  It is Monty Python after all.....

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
Multiple roles in the same show are something that's not as common in musical theatre. As I said before, the challenge comes in making each character memorable and quoting Python'isms, "something completely different". The best compliment that we can hear is "I didn't realize he did THAT part too!"

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?
I've been doing theatre for about 35 years starting in my home state of Missouri. It's just something I can't break free from!I haven't been on the LTA stage since 1991 - it was "Bells Are Ringing" followed by "Baby" the next year. It's great to be back!

Monty Python's Spamalot will be on the LTA stage from August 8 - August 23.  Get tickets at www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition