Spamalot - Meet cast member Stephanie Gaia Chu


What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
All year I have been looking forward to singing and dancing, and I am excited to spend my summer doing so! My favorite part about community theater is that you become part of a tight-knit family, and I couldn’t be happier with this wonderful cast and production team. 

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of “Female Ensemble”?
I have learned that practice makes perfect. I have not had extensive dance training or vocal lessons, so it was rather intimidating being with a group of such talented and knowledgeable people. With their help and a lot of hard work, I am so proud that I can keep up! 

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?
Always look on the bright side of life! This show is just so much fun, and is absolutely infectious. I am confident that everyone will leave smiling.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
The Little Theatre of Alexandria is such a great theater to work with. The level of professionalism is so refreshing, and it shows in the product. The creative team is so inspiring, the cast extremely talented, and everyone’s dedication and enthusiasm pushes me harder. 

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?
I started participating in theater in high school and studied theatrical lighting design in college. I love to teach youth theater, and have worked as a stage designer and technician in over 150 theater, dance, and music concerts. After college, I started performing once again and found that I loved that as just as much! This is my second show with LTA — the first was "Avenue Q" last summer as the ever hysterical, “Christmas Eve.” I’m so excited to share all that this amazing team has been working on!

Monty Python's Spamalot will be on the LTA stage from August 8 - August 23.  Get tickets at www.thelittletheatre.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition