Spamalot - Meet cast member Michael Gale

What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
As a long time Flying-Circus fan, I've always wanted the chance to perform in Spamalot.  Plus, as my wife can attest, I'm up for any excuse to dress up as a knight and tap dance.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?
I hope the audience leaves with a better understanding of the internal political pressures in Austria-Hungry, which, when considered the sultan's announcement of the restoration of the 1876 constitution, led eventually to the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
In my first LTA show, I sang an emotional song about the death of my mother and then took off all my clothes.  Last season, I played a determined Jewish immigrant trying to provide a better life for himself and his young child in the slums of early 20th century New York.  In this show, I'll be playing a fish-slapping Finn, a French mime, a half dead zombie, and dancing knight.  It is too bad directors continue to pigeonhole me into the same type of role.

Monty Python's Spamalot will be on the LTA stage from August 8 - August 23.  Get tickets at www.thelittletheatre.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition