Spamalot - Meet cast member Carla Crawford

What do you want to audience to experience and take away from this show?
Besides having a blast and laughing their arses off, I hope the audiences can see how much fun we are all having.  Even the longest of rehearsals are full of lots of laughs.  I also hope the audience can see the talent that is on LTA's stage! What a cast! I'm blessed to be a part of this extremely gifted group.

What have you learned from being cast in this show?
I've learned that it's never too late to realize a goal! I was in my first show EVER six years ago at LTA.  I loved every minute of it!  Raising three children made it difficult to continue performing in shows but I've recently started auditioning again.  Spamalot has been a dream come true!  I'm having a blast!

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
Well, I'm definitely the oldest of the female ensemble and quite possibly the oldest of the entire cast! I frankly haven't had the courage to ask.  But age is just a number, right?!

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?  How did you get involved with LTA?
This is only my second show.  However, I'm hopeful it's the second of many!  I've always been a performer, whether it was singing, dancing or competing in pageants.  I have always been the happiest on stage.  I auditioned for my first show when I was forty.  It was a great way to have something of my own outside of being a stay at home mom.  It's been such fun and a wonderful, creative outlet.  I love musical theatre but would also like to try my hand at a straight play -- preferably, a comedy.  After Spamalot, I can't imagine doing anything that's not a little "cheeky".  I love LTA! They were the first theatre to give me a part and I will forever sing their praises!

Monty Python's Spamalot will be on the LTA stage from August 8 - August 23.  Get tickets at www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox