Spamalot - Meet cast member Christy Fischer

What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
What I love about being a female ensemble member in Spamalot is that every time I'm onstage, I get to be a different character.  At one moment I'm a Vegas Showgirl and in the next I'm a Knight of Ni.  That kind of rapid change of characters is both a challenge and incredibly fun.  Another element of Spamalot that I love is how it is both hysterically funny and heartwarming throughout.  It's the kind of show that audiences everywhere can sit back and find the joy in for a few hours.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
The last show I worked on was an incredibly dramatic new musical about the American Revolution.  To go from that show to Spamalot has been a huge adjustment for me.  I am typically cast in darker musicals and it's been a long time since I was in a show as silly and comical as Spamalot.  It's been a really nice change to experience working on a show that is guaranteed to get some laughs.  Beyond just the change in genre, I don't often get the chance to be in a show as dance heavy as Spamalot is.  It's been so much fun to be in an ensemble where I get to dance my way through the show every night.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?  How did you get involved with LTA?
I started acting through school productions probably around the age of 12.  I was bit by the bug and devoted most of high school to being in shows and taking voice lessons.  Now I am a rising junior Musical Theatre major at James Madison University.  As my fellow cast members of Spamalot can attest, I am pretty shy when I meet new people.  The one place I have always felt safe to come out of my shell is onstage.  Theatre has been the consistent home where I can be myself and feel like I am part of something special.  I have found a loving and supportive theatre home at JMU and I am so pleased to have found the same thing at LTA.

Monty Python's Spamalot will be on the LTA stage from August 8 - August 23.  Get tickets at www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition