A Christmas Carol - meet cast member Celeste Gary

Tell us about your role in LTA's A Christmas Carol.
My character's name is Fan Scrooge.  Fan is Ebenezer's little sister who is bright, energetic, and loves Ebenezer very much.  Ebenezer and Fan's mother passed away and Fan is now the only joy in Ebenezer's life.  Her father is very cruel to Fan and her brother after their mother dies.  Their father loves Fan because she reminds him of his wife, so to make her happy he allows Ebenezer to return home from boarding school over the holiday.

What were some challenges you faced with this show?
I found it challenging to connect with my character because I have two sisters and I don't have a brother.  Unlike my character, my parents are kind and loving.  This made it difficult to relate to Fan and make her feel more real to me.

What do you hope the audience takes away from A Christmas Carol?
I hope the audience enjoys the show and that the performance helps them get into the Christmas spirit.  I hope seeing the show reminds people (including me) that it is important to be grateful for what you have.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition