A Christmas Carol - meet cast member Eva Gary

Tell us about your character in LTA's A Christmas Carol.
Martha Cratchit, the oldest of the Cratchit children, is a kindhearted teenager who always has her family's best interest in mind.  She tries to provide for herself and her family by working at a young age.  Because Mrs. Cratchit has to spend the majority of her attention on Tiny Tim, Martha tries to step in as a motherly figure for some of the children.

What were some challenges you faced in working on this show?
As the Cratchit family began working on individual scenes together, I noticed the age gap more and more between myself and the other kids.  I felt that I was at an awkward age because I was the oldest of the children.  As we rehearsed more, I learned how to use my age as an advantage.  Now being older plays into the scene well because I have taken on a caregiver role and the age is a benefit instead of a challenge.

What do you hope the audience takes away from this performance?
I would love for the audience to take away a grateful feeling this holiday.  It's nice to be reminded every once in a while how blessed we are and to see the joy of a family like Martha Cratchit's that struggles but still makes room for gratitude and cheer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition