Meet Audrey Landau Townsend (Margo) from LTA's Bright Star

Tell us a little about yourself.
This is my first time on LTA’s stage! I moved to the DC area in 2019 after graduating from UNC Chapel Hill. Because of the pandemic, I haven’t had the chance to be on stage since college graduation, so I’m so excited to be a part of this awesome show.

Why did you audition for Bright Star?
I’m North Carolina born and raised, so a show set in my home state seemed like the perfect way to get back on stage. Also, I went to school with our choreographer, Pauline Lamb, so seeing her name listed on LTA’s audition page was the icing on the cake!

What do you enjoy most about your role?

Margo is multidimensional. She’s in love with Billy, but at the same time she’s an independent, career-driven woman with a lot going on in her own life. I love seeing strong women represented in theatre!

What have you learned from working on this production?

Go with the flow. Things change (especially in this day and age), and that’s okay!

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?

I’ve been acting since I was eight years old. I remember sitting in the audience at my local community theatre and thinking “wow, I want to be on that stage.” I realized that there’s something truly magical about theatre, and I wanted to be a part of it.

Describe your experience with LTA so far.

SO FUN! I’ve had a great time working with our cast and crew. Everyone is super passionate about the show, so I guarantee it’s going to be a great one.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?
Do it! Theatre is a place for everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition