Meet Audrey Baker (Lucy) from LTA's Bright Star

 


Tell us a little about yourself.

I'm originally from California and moved to the DMV in 2019! I love hiking, yoga, yummy food and friends, in addition to music, singing and dancing. During the day, I work at a DC advocacy group that is trying to pass legislation to lower prescription drug prices.

Why did you audition for Bright Star?

I love the music in this show – folk and bluegrass is something I really enjoy singing around a campfire, but has never been a genre I've been able to do in a musical! And after so much time at home during the pandemic, it's such a treat to be able to make music in the same room with this cast.

What do you enjoy most about your role?

Lucy is a ton of fun to play – she's empowered, confident, smart, knows who she is, and knows how to have a good time!

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?

I've been acting and singing ever since I was a little girl. I'm happiest when I have a musical theater project I'm working on.

Describe your experience with LTA so far.
The group of people putting on Bright Star are truly amazing humans. Every rehearsal is upbeat, positive, grounded, supportive and a ton of fun. I feel very lucky to be a part of this talented cast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition