Meet Anna Longenecker (Featured Dancer, Ensemble) from LTA's Bright Star



Tell us a little about yourself.

I’m originally from North Carolina, so this show really hits home (literally)! I work in Bilingual Education in DC and dance with Capitol Movement’s contemporary company. Outside of work/rehearsal, I love all things fitness, and exploring new neighborhoods!

Why did you audition for Bright Star?

I auditioned for Bright Star to tap into the DMV theatre community, improve at something that I love, and really enjoy being a part of such a hopeful show after the past two years.

What do you enjoy most about your role?

I love getting to make discoveries as I do the work to construct my own character. That’s one of my favorite parts of being in the ensemble! Of course, I also love working alongside such passionate, dedicated cast members.

What have you learned from working on this production?
A TON! Mostly, I have loved learning from my fellow cast members and production staff members. Everyone has such unique experiences and insights to provide. It’s been a very collaborative process!

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?
I auditioned for a high school production of Hairspray hoping for a dance role but got hooked on music/acting in the process. The rest was history!

Describe your experience with LTA so far.
Warm, welcoming, committed to the community.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre (or, specifically working on musicals)?

Take the audition! You never know what doors you will open for yourself, or who you will meet along the way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition