Meet Ashton Schaffer (Daryl) from LTA's Bright Star


Why did you audition for BRIGHT STAR?

I auditioned from Bright Star as a way to begin making my way back to creating theater after a LONG pause. I had the wonderful opportunity to work with The Arlington Players prior to this and it helped refuel my love for performing. I am a theater educator so I help students everyday discover a passion and love for the theater but Bright Star has given me the chance to find and display my passion for performing.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?

I've been performing since about second grade and had the entire score to Cats memorized before I was even in Kindergarten. I find theater to be an escape from the current realities, you get to live as someone else for just a short amount of time. No other job, hobby or skill gives you the opportunity to tell someone else's story in meaningful ways with other talented individuals.

Describe your experience with LTA so far.
This is my first production with LTA and it's been an absolute blast to work with the incredible cast and creative team on this show! Everyone has been so supportive and very accommodating to the changing protocols and health regulations. An overall wonderful group to work with and I hope I'll have the pleasure to again.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?

If anyone is looking to work in the theater, either onstage or off, my advice would be to never stop learning. Go take a dance class, go learn a new song or monologue, take the time to truly understand your talents and craft. If an audition comes along that you don't do so well on, brush yourself off and learn from what went wrong and how you can do better next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition