To Kill a Mockingbird - meet cast member Jack Kearney

Meet cast member Jack Kearney who is playing Jem Finch in LTA's To Kill a Mockingbird.

Tell us about your character.  What single word would use to describe him?
Jem is the son of a small southern town lawyer.  Adventurous
is the word I would use to describe him.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Jem?
I have learned what life was like in those times and how to really be engaged in acting.

What were some of the challenges you faced while working on this show?
It was hard learning the southern accent and memorizing the lines.

What do you hope the audience takes away from this show?
I hope the audience experiences how life was like in the 1930's.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
I've only been in musicals before.  This is the first time being in a drama.

How long have you been acting?  How did you get involved with LTA?
After signing in the church children's choir, I auditioned for The Sound of Music with Bel Cantani Opera Company and got the part of Kurt.  My mom brought my sister and I to the audition after watching the movie.  I love the part of Jem.

What advice would you give others who want to get involved in theatre?
Stay focused and have fun.  Find your character inside yourself and trust yourself.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox