Anything Goes - meet cast member Allie Cesena



Tell us about your character.
I play the character of Mrs. Wadsworth T. Harcourt in LTA’s production of Anything Goes. She is a woman of wealth and stature, and she has no problem letting everyone know who’s in charge. Her traveling companions include her daughter, Hope, and Hope’s fiancé, Evelyn. Both are at “Maters” beck and call–even when forced to go against what they truly want. Never try to say no to Mrs. Harcourt; she is a force to be reckoned with.

What did you find challenging about this show?
Something I found challenging about this piece was my character and how she interacts with the rest of the cast. I really had to step out of the box and dig deep to find my connection with her. Playing a character so much older than I am, and with such a commanding presence, has really helped me grow as an actor. I have loved the journey I’ve been on–really figuring out what makes this character work and how to bring her to life. This is one challenge I have absolutely enjoyed conquering. There are furs and hats involved, so what’s not to love!

What do you hope the audience takes away from Anything Goes?
I hope the audience leaves with smiles, laughter and some Cole Porter songs in their heads! As an actor, knowing the audience joined you on this fun-loving journey and enjoyed themselves is the ultimate compliment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition