The History Boys - meet Co-Stage Manager Brooke Angel



How did you get involved with LTA's History Boys and what are your goals as co- Stage Manager?
I'm a glutton for stretching my personal time thin. I've been on a theater kick since November of last year and this is my 7th show in a row. I worked with our producer Mary Beth on her last show, Port City's Fool for Love, and she had asked me to work on this with her. I read the script and told her "I love the show and there's no part I can try out for, so put me down as your Stage Manager".  

What do you hope the audience takes away from this show?
A new perspective on our process of college admissions and an awakening to how children are being taught in school and if it's truly, for lack of a better term, "good."  I'll be honest, I had to read it twice before grasping a lot of the material, but I feel our cast does an exceptional job of portraying the show in a way that the audience will understand the material, and hopefully run with it.

What do you like best about doing this show?
The whole team, hands down.  The cast is so energetic and engaging. Also, being a young female in a basically all male cast isn't so bad either! But seriously, this cast is so talented it's insane!  The technical and production crew is awesome as well!  Surrounding myself with such talented people gives me a chance to observe and learn more about how to excel in all aspects of theater.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox