Grey Gardens - meet cast member Kate Brown

Meet Kate Brown playing Young Little Edie in LTA's Grey Gardens!

What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
I love that three women play Big Edie and Little Edie and that the first act takes place in a completely different time than the second act.  I also love the score.  I am truly fascinated by Edie, both who she was on camera for the documentary and as a girl, because she truly was the "it" girl, poised for take off, destined to have a glorious life.  I like how the show takes the audience on her journey.

What single word would you use to describe Little Edie?
Dreamer.

What have you learned about yourself in playing this role?
I am more grateful for the little things, like a clean cup and running water.

What do you hope the audience takes away from Grey Gardens?
I hope that the audience truly enjoys this true life musical.  I want the audience to feel they know these colorful characters, feel inspired by this amazing story, and laugh!

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
The musical is adapted from a documentary.  It is artistic genius.

How long have you been acting? How did you get involved with LTA?
I was active in children's community theatre and majored in musical theatre in college.  I missed being involved with the theatre and my family and friends encouraged me to continue with it.  I am grateful to be working with a new, wonderful family at LTA!

What advice would you give others who want to get involved with theatre?
Observe life.  Keep a journal.  Immerse yourself in theatre.  Study, study, study your craft.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition