Grey Gardens - meet cast member Joel Respress

Meet Joel Respress who is playing Brooks Sr. and Brooks Jr. in LTA's Grey Gardens.

What do you find interesting about this show?
The story of Big Edie and Little Edie is fascinating... upper class to recluses.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Brooks?
While my role is small, it helps support the story, so maintaining focus and matching the intensity of actresses who portray Little Edie in the first and second act is important.

What single word would you use to describe your character?
Glue.

What do you want the audience to take away from this show?
Just to feel the ups and downs, as well as the humor that is in Grey Gardens.

How does Grey Gardens differ from other shows you have worked on?
I have never worked with a small cast.

How long have you been acting?  How did you get involved with LTA?
I've been acting for sixteen years.  I got a late start so I learned on the job.  I started with voice lessons, then at the suggestion of my voice teacher, I auditioned for a show.  Surprised, I got cast.  This is my first show with LTA.  I am excited about being a part of LTA's rich production history.

What advice would you give others who want to get involved in theatre?
Just jump in.  Experience is the best teacher.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition