The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

Meet Natalie Fox, playing Vera is LTA's upcoming The Odd Couple (Female Version).

What did you find appealing about your character and this show?
I love that Vera is funny without meaning to be because it really makes her an entertaining character to form and play.  This is a really witty and fast paced show with Vera sometimes used as a way to break tension or to change gears.  She's full of random, non sequitur remarks that jar the other characters away from their nostalgia discussion for a moment to marvel in her vapidity.  That being said, she is also well-meaning, helpful and kind person who genuinely adores her friends and loves being around them.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved with theatre?
I have been acting for as long as I can remember.  Since the time I could walk and talk, I've been putting on skits and shows.  Later in elementary school through middle and high school, I was in several productions and on competitive improv teams.  I knew when I went to college,  I would go to an art school and acting was just a natural choice for me.  I think for some people, there is such a strong pull to screen acting or the theatre; it never leaves you.  You can step away for a few years but it always pulls you back.

How did you get involved with LTA?
I love that LTA is just filled to the brim with incredibly talented and like-minded, creative people.  It's like being at camp when I go to rehearsals!  They're so fun!  I love every second spent in and around the LTA community.  I started out in Mike Baker's acting class on a whim this past fall.  I never thought that I would be auditioning for a show - let alone getting a part so soon after getting back in the theatre swing!  He is an awesome teacher and an incredible actor himself.  I am truly grateful to have been taught by him.

What advice would you give others who want to get involved with theatre?
Volunteer.  Take classes.  Talk to people.  Be brave!  You don't know what you can do until you try it out.  Don't be afraid to audition for something.  Even if you don't get it, take the experience, tuck it away and learn from it to do better the next time, and the next time, and the next time.  Some of the greatest actors have flopped at some point but they get back up and do something awesome the next time.  Everyone who auditions doesn't get a part, so keep trying.  Even if you think your audition didn't go well, the director may see something in you that you didn't know they were looking for.  Most of all, be kind to everyone you meet or know.  Listen and be patient.  Study your lines, follow directions and ask questions.  The more you know, the stronger you get as an actor.
Tickets and info: www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition