News from LTA's Front of the House

When I began serving as Governor for Front of the House about two years ago, one of the things I wanted to do was add some kind of flowers to the lobby and in the Council Green Room at the theatre, just to soften up the appearance and make it look more friendly. Some attempts to keep fresh flowers in these areas were never really successful, so the only other option seemed to be to put artifi-cial arrangements in place.

But last spring, a strange thing happened: All of a sudden someone was taking my artificial arrangements and hiding them away, and replacing them with fresh flowers. Once in a while, the fresh flowers would die and I’d find my arrangements and bring them back out. But within a day or two, they would disappear again and be replaced with fresh flowers. What a mystery! Who was doing this and where were these fresh flowers coming from? No one knew the answer, and it remained a mystery for several weeks until one afternoon when I was in the Council Green Room doing an inventory of our supplies, there came
Arnaldo Duran, our custodian, with cut flowers in his hands. "Whoa," I thought, "why does Arnaldo have cut flowers in his hands?" I questioned him about it, and discovered that it was he who was planting these flowers in the flower beds around the theatre, and periodically cutting them and filling the vases. I had no idea, and who would have thought that Arnaldo was the one responsible for keeping fresh flowers in the lobby and Council Green Room? Since then, I have hardly ever had to put out my artificial arrangements, as Arnaldo continues to keep fresh flowers in the vases. I’m not sure he can do this through the winter months, so we may have to resort to the artificial arrangements. But when spring comes, I bet we’ll start seeing the wonderful fresh flowers again.

Let’s take this opportunity to thank Arnaldo Duran for not only doing an excellent job keeping the theatre looking its best inside and out, but for going the extra mile and keeping fresh flowers in the vases on the credenza in the lobby and mantle in the Council Green Room.

Arnaldo, thanks for doing a great job. It is very much appreciated.

Lloyd Bittinger
Governor, Front of the House

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition