A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder- meet cast member Margie Remmers!


What do you find appealing about your character and this show? Mark Twain said, “I like a good
story well told,” and A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder is definitely a good story well told! It is so unique that it will leave you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next and how it could all possibly be resolved. As for my character, well, Lady Eugenia has a deep passion for her husband, even if she shows it in less than attractive ways.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of “Lady Eugenia”? This role has been the greatest challenge of my acting career, because the real me is nothing like Lady Eugenia. In fact, I try very hard to be the opposite of everything she is!  However, with Frank’s great direction and belief in my ability to become this character, I have learned that it is possible to reach deep inside and play the part of someone who is far different than you. Taking on the persona of someone else is, after all, what acting is really all about.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show? I hope the audience laughs so hard that they we have to pass tissues down the aisle!

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? The ensemble in this show aren’t just backup voices or dancers. We all have significant parts that get highlighted as part of the story. That makes it super fun.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA? I have been performing since I arrived on the scene—singing a high F, when other babies cry!  As for LTA, I first sat in this theatre in the spring of 1996 enthralled by the amazing show, Forever Plaid. A few months later, a friend encouraged me to audition for the fall musical, and I was cast in the ensemble of Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Sorcerer. The rest, as they say, is history, as LTA became my second family. I met my husband here, raised my children here, and made lifelong friends here.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre? Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Theatre people are the most welcoming, encouraging, tolerant people on the planet. Come play with us!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition