A Christmas Carol - meet cast member Hilary Adams



Tell me a little bit about your character.
Mrs. Cratchit is a relatively minor character in the grand scheme of the play, but I think she articulates very cogently why Scrooge’s behavior is so deleterious. His stinginess with money is quite literally starving her family, which is her biggest priority in life. Her family is everything to her, and for her to be doing everything she can to care for them but be held back by her husband’s employer’s tightfistedness frustrates and infuriates her.

What were some of the challenges for you in working on this piece?
I’m 24 and have no children, so trying to understand what it means to want the best for your kids and fight for them tooth and nail was something I worked hard at. I’ve learned that patience, understanding, and balancing fairness with firmness are the cornerstones of surviving parenthood.

What do you hope audiences will take away from this play?
I hope this show reminds them that Christmas really is a time for opening your heart and being thankful for the people in your life who love you and care about you. I hope it reminds them that there is more to this season than giving gifts and consumerism. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and the moral of A Christmas Carol plays a big part in that!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition