The Game's Afoot - meet cast member Chuck Leonard

Meet Chuck Leonard, playing Felix Geisel, in LTA's The Game's Afoot!

What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
Character parts are my favorites and this show provides a physical and emotional playground on which to play.  Felix is Gillette's best friend and the second banana.  He loves life as an actor and I get to play his exuberance and occasionally be a ham.

What have you learned about yourself in playing the role of Felix?
Like Felix, I treasure moments in which I am NOT the person responsible and can just flex my creativity and sense of fun.  I am also a sucker for witty banter.

What do you want the audience to take away from this show?
I want howls from the audience.  I want them to be laughing while talking after the show about how they didn't see that coming.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
I have done plays by Ken Ludwig before and I delight in his farce.  The main difference is the community at LTA.  The structure of support here is tremendous and the people I have worked with are lovely.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre?  How did you get involved with LTA?
I did some shows in high school and college, but the bug really hit after I graduated.  About 20 years ago, I decided to make teaching theatre my career and went back to school for my Masters.  When teaching and family schedules allowed, I did community and professional acting, directing, and design.  I first worked at LTA in Proof last year, when I decided this was where I wanted to build my theatre family.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?
"Jump in, the water's fine."  Find a theatre, like LTA, that is doing productions you would be proud to be a part of and volunteer.  Don't be afraid to try something new.  Theatre is one of those areas where you can enjoy life-long learning.

Tickets: www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition