Meet Luke Martin (Ensemble) in LTA's "Something Rotten!"


What do you find appealing about your character and the show?
I get to play several characters as a member of the ensemble. My favorite is Tom Snout. He's very enthusiastic about being an actor which I identify with in my own personal life. The show is so much fun and so funny. It is so much fun to perform!


What have you learned about yourself in playing this role?
Since this is my first real show, I've learned so much about myself as a new actor. The ensemble is such an integral part of the storytelling and it allows me to get to play with different methods of acting as I switch from character to character.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?
I hope that the audience has trouble catching their breath because they're laughing so hard! The show is very feel-good and goofy and I hope the audience has as much fun watching it as we do performing it!


How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?
This is my first show so I don't have much experience with this but I feel like this show actually relies more on the ensemble than the main characters to tell the story.


How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?

I'm new to acting! I've loved musical theatre since the first time I heard "Popular" from Wicked when I was about six years old. Until I was established in my current career, I didn't have the opportunities to pursue theatre the ways I would've liked. I'm so excited to finally see my dream of being on stage become a reality. This is far from my last show!


What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?
Don't give up. Don't let others tell you theatre is useless or that you aren't good enough for theatre. The theatre is for everyone and shows only get better the more diverse the cast is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition