Meet Lourdes Turnblom (Ensemble) from LTA's "Something Rotten!"

What do you find appealing about your character and the show?
When I first saw Something Rotten! on Broadway years ago, the ensemble really stuck out to me. They effortlessly tapped across the stage, singing with joy, bringing much of the energy and charisma that makes this show so beloved. As an ensemble member, I get to perform as several different characters, dance in a variety of songs, and truly enjoy living within the world of the English Renaissance! I feel that every cast member of this show, whether principal or ensemble, is essential in making the audience believe they have truly traveled to the past! My favorite shows are always ones where i feel that the whole cast is connected, and this is one of those shows!


What have you learned about yourself in playing this role?

The ensemble for this show had to learn and practice multiple dance numbers, including some numbers where we perform in tap shoes. Before this, I had very limited experience with tap, but through this experience, I have grown to really love it! I hope to continue learning more in the future.


What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?

To always stay true to yourself. Characters like Nigel, Bea, and Portia should inspire audience members to follow their hearts and focus on what they truly believe in, even if that means having to fight for it. 


How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?

The costumes and set design are out of this world! This show has an amazing set of producers, designers, and builders who are truly bringing the world of Something Rotten! to life!


How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?
Theatre has always been my first love. I have been acting and singing ever since the 2nd grade, but it has been over 5 years since my last on-stage performance! When I was looking to get back into the theatre scene after COVID I saw that LTA was doing Something Rotten! and knew I HAD to audition!! It has been one of my favorite shows ever since seeing it back in 2015.
What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?
DO IT!! There are so many different forms of theatre and ways to get involved that ANYONE can do it! There are positions in acting, set design, lighting, directing, producing, costumes, make-up, and so much more! Everyone has their own talents and strengths and in theatre, you will find a way to use all of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition