A Christmas Carol- meet crew member Mona Wargo!


Tell us a little about yourself:  My name is Mona Wargo  I am a painting designer/crew chief/ set painter and teacher at LTA. I have been in the theater community for many years, first at Dominion Stage from 1998-2007 and The Foundary in WDC before coming to LTA.  I hold an A.A. in Liberal Arts (which includes theater), A B.P.A. in Public Administration and an M.S./I.T. in Science/Technology and Business.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on? The show does not really differ so much, as I'm working with a lot of the same crew members, although we put on different versions of "A Christmas Carol" every year.

What made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA? I came to LTA at the request of the late Roland Gomez for his show "A Party to Murder",  which was my first show at LTA and for which I jointly won the LTA set painting award.  I've also just recently jointly received another LTA set painting award and WATCH (Washington Area Theater Community Honors) award for "Dracula".

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?  Get as much experience as you can.  If you want to work on a show, learn about what it takes behind the scenes to get a show up and running, and choose experienced people whom you can be mentored by.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?  That it's a fun filled holiday experience for the whole family.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition