The Tale of the Allergist's Wife - meet assistant producer Brooke Angel

How did you get involved with LTA's The Tale of the Allergist's Wife and what are your goals as an assistant producer?
I'm a glutton for stretching my time thin -- I'm kidding!  I'm actually friends with co-producer Jay Cohen outside of theatre and he approached me with the possibility of becoming a producer-in-training.  I was both honored and thrilled to be asked, so I immediately said "yes."  I must have been half asleep because I said "yes" to being not only assistant producer but also co-stage managing and helping with set construction.

I'm personally trying to make it through my first  LTA show alive! My goal is to have the story told in a way that the audience understands and connects with.  And let none of the mistakes be my fault!

What do you hope the audience takes away from this show?
I would love for the audience to walk out of the theatre thinking "gee, I thought my life was weird, these people are plain crazy!"  This play is nothing short of "Frasier" category humor: intellectual references mixed with modern day humor tactics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition