The Tale of the Allergist's Wife - meet cast member Janice Zucker

Tell us about your character, Frieda Tuchman, in The Tale of the Allergist's Wife.
She's an older woman living in the same apartment house as her daughter Marjorie and son-in-law Ira on the upper west side of Manhattan.  She's a Jewish mother who doesn't get along with her daughter and pretty much never has.  But she adores her son-in-law!  She's very sure of herself, what she believes in, and because of her age, she pretty much says whatever she is thinking!  There's no filter and she doesn't hold anything back!  Because of her ailing health and "digestive issues", she lives directly down the hall from Marjorie and Ira.  Needless to say, with her living so close, their life is not their own!

What challenges did you face in working on this show?
I've had very many.  I can identify with Frieda beacuse I am a native New Yorker, Jewish, and have a relative that acts just like her!  Two challenges that do come to mind: saying some of my lines in such a way that I am pouring on the Jewish guilt and learning and memorizing my lines.  As I get older, I find that takes longer to do but I seemed to learn these lines faster than I normally do.  I think I easily identified with Frieda because of both my New York and Jewish upbringing!


  
What do you want the audience to take away with The Tale of the Allergist's Wife?
The play is so funny, with a great cast and crew.  I have enjoyed working with my fellow actors, director, and crew.  They have all made this such a fun experience for me!  I hope the audience will enjoy the story line and all it's wonderful characters as much as we had bringing them to life.  Get ready to laugh a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition