A Christmas Carol: Meet Merry Forbes (Mrs. Cratchit)

 


What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
I enjoy playing Mrs. Cratchit because she has a strong protective personality and isn't afraid to speak her mind.

What have you learned in playing the role of “Mrs. Cratchit”?

Count your blessings, cherish your children, and don't burn the goose!

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?

Everyone should find something new behind the lines this year. The words may be the same, but our director Carol has worked very hard to bring out Charles Dickens' true intentions. I hope they leave the theatre with open eyes to the want and ignorance still in the world today.

How does this show differ from other shows you have worked on?

I have had the good fortune to work on a lot of different shows over the years, and they all provided unique challenges and people. This is my first show since moving to Alexandria VA, and I am glad to say that instead of being a different experience, this show has had the same warm theatre atmosphere that I've come to know and love.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?

My parents met in theatre, so my siblings and I had performing in our DNA from day one. I started preforming on the stage of Macon Little Theatre when I was eleven, and still can't be truly satisfied without applause (just ask my husband). Since getting married and moving to Alexandria last year during Covid, the last time my husband and I were on stage was during our wedding. Because of this we were both feeling severe theatre withdrawal and were very happy to find the auditions for "A Christmas Carol" here at LTA.

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?
Do it. Walk in, sign up, participate in any way you can. Theatre is there for everyone. So, if you can sing and dance, do it. If you can build, sew, write, sweep, clap, or paint perfect blue polka-dots on an imaginary elephant named Wendell, theatre is where you belong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox