The Game's Afoot - meet cast member Melissa Dunlap

Meet Melissa Dunlap playing Daria Chase in LTA's The Game's AFoot!

What do you find appealing about your character and this show?
Daria is smart, witty, and gets to say what she wants because others are afraid of her.  The Game's Afoot is a wonderful combination of mystery and farce.  On the one hand the audience is trying to figure out who did what when, while at the same time laughing at the crazy on-stage antics.

What have you learned about yourself in playing this role?
Usually I am cast as the heroine, so it is a change of pace to play someone less heroic.  I think I've learned that even though I'm small, I can be powerful.

What do you want the audience to take away from this show?
I hope audiences leave having laughed well and with a smile on their faces.

How long have you been acting and how did you get involved with LTA?
I got started in community theater over 20 years ago, took a 17 year break (aka had kids) and returned to the stage just 4 years ago.  I am drawn to the creative process of putting a show together, actors working with directors, actors working with actors, and cast and crew combining talents to create what you see and hear on stage.

This is my first show with LTA.  I've done some other shows in the area and auditioned for The Game's Afoot on a whim.  With other companies, I've had to audition a few times to get them used to seeing my face before I've been cast, so I thought I should start showing up at LTA auditions.  I showed up, auditioned and was cast.  Surprise!

What advice do you have for others wanting to get involved with theatre?
If you are interested in working in theatre, go for it!  Show up, audition, volunteer to help with sets, props, costumes, etc.  I meet such talented, fun and interesting people who act, direct, paint, sew, etc.  Cast or crew, it doesn't matter.  It is all fun and all important for the success of the show.

Tickets: www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition