A Christmas Carol- meet director Kelsey Yudice!



Tell us a little about yourself:
I work as a director, actor, and a teaching artist. I love all forms of theatre and collaborating with other passionate artists. I have been acting professionally since college and, through theatre, have found many talented, thoughtful mentors who have helped expand my love of theatre to directing. Through directing, I have found many more ways to challenge myself creatively. I also enjoy working with children and teaching theatre. This way, I can share my passion with others!

How does this show differ from other shows you’ve worked on?
This is the largest show I have directed! While this is definitely a challenge, I always enjoy an opportunity to creatively problem solve.  There are so many moving parts to this puzzle and so many great actors, designers, and crew members helping out with this. Everyone is supportive and passionate about this show and that makes my job so much easier! I am really pleased with how the show is coming together.

What made you get involved with theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?
Actually, as a kid “A Christmas Carol” was the first show was ever in! It was a great introduction to the theatre for me. I grew up in the Midwest but moved here about three and a half years ago. The day after I moved here, I auditioned with LTA for their production of “Steel Magnolias” and was lucky enough to play the part of Shelby. After that, I have worked onstage and off at LTA and have been given a lot of great opportunities to learn and grow as an artist.

What advice would you give to others who are interested in working in theatre?
Get involved any way you can. Theatres always can use extra volunteers. Opportunities working on a show can range from ushering a show to building a set. That way, you get to know the people at the theatre, make some connections, learn, and find a multitude of passions in the theatre world.

What do you want the audience to experience/take away from this show?
The holiday season is about love and sharing that with family, friends, and strangers, alike. Similar to a lesson that our protagonist, Scrooge, learns, you have the power to bring joy to others and brighten days. I am overjoyed knowing that I am using my power to direct a production that can bring delight and cheer to others. Hopefully, everyone can learn the lessons Scrooge learns throughout the evening, and leave the theater with a little more love, joy, and charitable, holiday spirit in their hearts.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition