Dirty Blonde - meet cast member Janette Moman



What do you find appealing about your character and this show? 
I am most impressed with Mae West's spirit.  She was a strong woman who knew exactly what she wanted even though odds were against her.   She set the standard for what sexy is, and you still see that influence today.  She didn't stop when she hit obstacles, and most appealing to me is her tenacity and ambition.  She wrote her own plays and movie scripts.  She kept journals and acted as though everything was off the top of her head, but it truly was hard work, drive and business savvy.

How long have you been acting and what made you get involved in theatre? How did you get involved with LTA?   
My first show since college was in 2011 as Velma von Tussle in Hairspray at LTA.  I had been performing for years as a singer, but hadn't considered theatre until I saw a show here, and was struck by magic of this theatre and the incredible talent it draws.  I was searching for another show to attend, and I noticed the audition page for Hairspray on the website.  I just had to be a part of it!

What advice would you give others who are interested in working in theatre?  
LTA is like a family that will love you and embrace you for who you are.  It's like no other theatre if you want to volunteer to do anything from house management to lighting to catering to performing.  If you have a special skill you are proud of,  LTA could really use your expertise.  I am amazed by the skills my friends here possess, and it's such a delight to use your talents and skills to help create something incredible together.

Tickets and info: www.thelittletheatre.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTA kicks off 2023/2024 season with Freaky Friday

The Odd Couple (Female Version) - meet cast member Natalie Fox

The Winners of LTA's 46th Annual One-Act Playwriting Competition